Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patrick's Week

Huge Bulls with the Texas Long Horns!!

Houston Zoo Trip -Friday March 15, 2013
Yes again, it has been two weeks!! Time for me is flying by.. We are already through March almost and that is a quarter way through this year!! Wow, blows my mind, but anywho. Our past hasn't been anything to exciting. Besides the regular school work and a few extra staff meetings, work and school were the same. Last week, however, was spring break for us. I chose to work since we weren't going anywhere, but I took the morning shift. I woke up at 5:30 to make it on time, and arrived home usually by noon. Suprisingly, I really enjoyed the early shift and having my whole day after. My supervisor had a ton of wonderful fun activities planned for the week, and it went by pretty fast. Friday we drove to Houston and went to the Zoo! I love Zoo's, and this one had quite a few animals I had never seen. We really enjoyed it. Marques said we will have to find a home one day in a city with a big zoo and get a membership because he loved watching me light up inside when we got there and then again at each new exibit. Apparently, my love for zoo's shows on the outside too. I taught relief society last sunday too. The lesson went great, thanks to me learning to follow promtings from the spirit for the lesson.We held family night at our home on Monday last week with several other no kid couples in the ward. It was really fun to have a lesson by Marques, eat fruit and dips, and play games. I am so glad we started this FHE thing with them. I also was able to get some visiting teaching done. One of my sister's, the same one I helped out with driving her little one's to school a few weeks back, got a sinus infection and then brocitis on top, so I am making her family dinner to be help out. We, of course, fed he missionaries too. I feel like cooking things for people is  away that I can serve well, so I hope that god allows me to continue using the talent I have to serve those in need. For St. Patrick's day we were invited to our friends house for a green traditional Irish dinner. I still don't love Corn-beef, and don't eat cabbage period, but none the less it was so nice to get together with friends. I feel as though I am still being tested in living here. I know it sounds like we have a lot of friends, and we are blessed to have them, but I really miss my family. The end of this week was another rough one. My husband is so great to ask how he can support my need, and hold me when I cry about our distance from them. But I am grateful for those couples that have reached out to me. This past few days spring has hit Texas full blast. It is upper 80's and humid. The trees are blossoming with little leaves, and oh the bugs have started to arrive. We already have had to knock down red wasp hives in our doorways. Wow, I hate the bugs here!! Ok that blog was much longer than I anticipated and it probably seems really jumbled, sorry if it is. But we love you and will report again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment